Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Eating and Sleeping Your Way Through History

As I sit here waiting for our guests to come down for breakfast, I look around me and can't help but think about all those who have been here before me. I am honored to say I am the innkeeper.  I think the current owner of this incredibly historic property says it best when he and his lovely wife greet the throngs of visitors who make the trek weekly to see what the Historic Fairfield Inn is all about: "Now each of you can count yourselves as part of the history here," he says warmly.    

"I consider myself not an owner, but a humble steward of this fine building,who has been entrusted with the care of this lovely house for a time," he shares.

Being a person with high expectations,  I can tell you that service plays a key role here-in addition, someone very dear to me always said it is very important to appeal to one's senses when entertaining; This means taste, smell, sight, hearing and touch.   As you enter the Inn, you will most definitely be guaranteed a delightful experience which encompasses all of these things and MORE during your time here.  There is a wonderful feeling of cheer and warmth which emanates from every corner of this place.  Even the ghosts seem happy!  Come join us for a meal, or for an overnight stay in one our beautifully appointed rooms. 

Become part of the history here at the Historic Fairfield Inn.

No comments:

Post a Comment